British Womens' Association
Chairwoman: Shona Papachristidis-Bove
Contact number: +62 21 719 3607
The British Women's Association (BWA) has been offering friendship and support for women living in Jakarta since 1970, and has members from all over the UK and many other nations too (you don’t have to be British to join).
We share a house with other women's organisations in Kebayoran Baru, where members can meet for coffee and cake, come to one of the many organized activities; quiz nights, coffee mornings, lunches, outings, borrow books or join workshops and art classes.
If you are new to Jakarta we can offer support and information to help you settle into your new home.
Membership to the British Women’s Association is open to women of all nationalities. The BWA offers members:
- Grapevine magazine – published 3 times per year (online and colour publication).
- Staff Referral Services – Staff lists are accessible for review at BWA House.
- Regular eNEWS advising members about upcoming events from the BWA, other British Societies – Java St. Andrew, St. Patrick’s, St. George’s and St. David’s Societies - and other organisations.
- Newcomers’ coffee mornings and regular activities specifically planned for newcomers. Newcomers also receive a welcome pack, which includes useful information for living in Jakarta.
- Tuesday coffee morning (first Tuesday of every month) with speakers, vendors, raffle and door prizes. Tea, coffee and snacks are served.
- Weekly Tuesday coffee morning to meet and chat over coffee.
- Free WiFi
- BWA Library
- Weekly activities include: Golf, Mahjong, Playgroup for mothers & children (babies to pre-school age), Dot-Painting Workshop, Canasta
- Regular events include the aBWA Charity Ball, Bazaars, Charity Golf Days, Quiz Nights, social evenings, Christmas family events and Christmas lunch.
- Social Welfare: a team of members oversee designated charities which include orphanages, education, nutritional and feeding programs and disaster relief funds.
- Equipment Rental: party supplies for private events: tables, chairs, chair tiebacks, catering dishes and other items.
- BWA Facebook page
For more information, please call BWA House or send an email.
Last updated May 8, 2019