The 10 Commandments for Expats
- Though shalt not expect to find things as thou hast them at home for verily thou hast left home to explore different things
- Those shalt not take anything too seriously, for a care-free mind is essential for a healthy body
- Thou shalt not let other expats get upon thy nerves, for one or both of you art likely to be transferred soon anyway
- Thou shalt refrain from acting exceedingly high and mighty, for thou art the same person you were before you had maids and drivers
- Thou shalt not buy everything you see; thou already hast a house full of things stored in your home country
- Thou shalt not sit around and mope and feel unwanted or unskilled; there are many people and organizations who would be grateful for your donations of time and energy
- Thou shalt not worry, for he that worrieth hath no pleasure
- When in Rome, thou shalt be prepared to do somewhat as the Romans do.
- Thou shalt not judge the people of a country by the one person who has given thee trouble.
- Remember that thou art a guest in a foreign land, and he who treateth his host with respect shall be honored.
© Author unknown