Australia & New Zealand Association
The Australia & New Zealand Association is a non-profit organisation committed to welcoming and assisting expatriates and their families living in Indonesia. Established in Jakarta in 1970 as a means for Australian and New Zealanders to meet and share experiences, ANZA now welcomes members of all nationalities.
ANZA offers a 'safety' net and vibrant community for expatriates coming to live in Indonesia by providing:
- practical information and advice for people living in Jakarta and elsewhere
- a support network to help families and individuals settle into the local community
- an informative monthly magazine for members, ANZA Berita
- social activities including:
- weekly playgroup, Wednesday 9.30-12.00
- weekly Friday coffee morning, Friday 09.30-12.00
- childrens' swimming lessons, regular bootcamps, sporting activities, photography club, arts and crafts workshops as well as social gatherings
- Annual events organised by ANZA include: Annual Charity Ball, Melbourne Cup Luncheon, Mid-Year Bazaar, Christmas Bazaar. Proceeds from these events support ANZA social welfare projects which are primarily in the areas of health, education and nutrition.
ANZA is also active in the local community, with a core part of ANZA's mission to give back to underprivileged communities through the ANZA social welfare program. Expats living in Jakarta are also able to volunteer to help with ANZA's various social welfare projects.
Times and dates of regularly scheduled activities are published on ANZA's website, in the monthly magazine, Berita; and through the members’ weekly email newsletter.
Learn about ANZA's Social Welfare Activities
Last updated May 11, 2018