Certificate of Good Conduct: Indonesian Police Certificates
Surat Keterangan Catatan Kepolisian (SKCK)
You may at some point in the future have a requirement for a certificate of good conduct from the Indonesian police department to establish your lack of criminal record during your stay in Indonesia.
The only foreigner nationals who can apply for this certificate are foreigners that have held a KITAS/ E-ITAS or KITAP / ITAP when he/she lived in Indonesia. If the foreigners only had a Business Visa / Tourist Visa / Social Cultural visa, then he/she is not qualified to apply for a SKCK.
Surat Keterangan Catatan Kepolisian - SKCK
SKCK are official documents issued by the police to applicant from the National Police's intelligence office. The Certificate carries a validity of up to six months from the date of issuance. If it has expired the certificate can be extended, if necessary.
In Indonesia,you can apply for an SKCK directly at the SKCK service counter in police stations.
Requirements for foreign nationals
- Letter of application from sponsors, corporations, or agencies that employ, use, or are responsible for the applicant.
- Photocopy of ID card
- Photocopy of Passport
- Photocopy of Limited Stay Permit Card (ITAS) or Stay Permit Card (ITAP)*
- Photocopy of IMTA (work permit) from the Manpower Ministry (KEMENAKER RI)
- Photocopy of Letter of Identity from Police
- Copy of the final departure permit stamp in your passport (EPO - Exit Permit Only)
- 6 color photographs measuring 4 x 6 cm with yellow background, politely dressed, facing front. For applicants wearing headscarves, the face must be fully visible.
- Recommendation letter from POLDA/ City Police will be required before the Certificate of SKCK can be issued by MABES POLRI (Central Police Dept).
*If you don't have a copy of your ITAS/ITAP anymore, provide a copy of the passport page that shows the ITAS or ITAP Stamp.
If the visa sponsor in Indonesia was/is your spouse, you'll need:
- Photocopy of your marriage certificate
- Photocopy of ID card of your sponsoring spouse
Review requirements for the SKCK on the SKCK Online website, as they may change from time to time.
According to this article, and this regulation - PP Nomor 60 Tahun 2019 set the cost of processing an SKCK at Rp 60,000 for foreigners.
Security Clearances or Background Checks
The Police Certificate only reviews any interactions / background you may have with the Indonesian police and is not a full background check.
Getting Assistance with the Application
If you aren't able to come in person to get the SKCK, or have difficulties registering online, we suggest your request the assistance of a an English-speaking formalities agent - recommended document / formalities firms.
Go to the Visas and Document page for information on STM documents.
Last updated October 22, 2021